Chef & Hospitality
£35,000 Per Annum
Pension, 28 days holiday, Food & drink discounts
Nr, Braunton EX33
Permanent Position Nr Braunton
Salary up to £35k per annum (negotiable)
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspiring head chef to take responsibility for the kitchen and the kitchen team.
My client has a food-led family pub and restaurant on the coast in North Devon. They serve up to 400 meals per day in the height of the season serving food all day. The establishment serves a locally sourced menu alongside daily specials. Their menus cater well for vegetarian, vegan, and special dietary requirements.
As the Head Chef your responsibilities will include:
- Inspire a team to deliver their best
- Planning seasonal menus
- managing, developing, and training the kitchen team to high standards
- Creating exciting new menus
- Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure efficient stock management
- Proactively managing and supporting your catering team, training to a high standard.
- Keeping COSHH records and kitchen paperwork up to date & ensuring the kitchen & equipment are kept to the highest standard.
The successful Head Chef Will have:
- Passion & enthusiasm for fresh, local food
- Inspire a hard-working kitchen team to deliver their best
- A hands-on approach to deliver high-quality meals in a fast-moving environment.
- Hit GP and work hard to reduce wastage etc.
- Communicating with managers and front of house staff
The successful Head Chef Skills & Experience
- You must be honest, dedicated, hardworking, enthusiastic, and have a passion for great food
- 2 – 3 years Head Chef experience in high volume catering.
- Proven leadership ability
- Ideally have at least NVQ level 2 and a Food Hygiene certificate
Benefits for the successful Head Chef
- A salary of up to £35,000, 28 days holiday a year, discounts on food and drinks. + workplace pension
Quartz Recruitment is a specialist agency operating in the South West of England. We have 30 years of experience in placing professionals into vacancies at all levels. We treat our candidates with respect and we truly care about your career.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum Immigration Act 1996. Quartz Recruitment will only work with candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
In compliance with Data Protection regulations, Quartz Recruitment will only store your personal details if you have given us your permission. You have the right to have your information deleted at any time, please contact us to do this.