2nd Line Support, IT Support Roles
Role: 2nd Line IT Support Technician,
Location: Exeter, South West of England
Full Time - Permanent
Salary: Negotiable Depending on skills and experience
2nd Line IT Support Technician
The successful 2nd Line IT Support Technician will be expected to look after a range of prestigious clients. You will provide technical support, remotely and support the team in the installation and configuration of applications within a virtual/hosted environment. Clients mainly sit within the professional services arena with the majority being Accountancy firms. The position will focus on:
• Setting up new customers
• Software updates
• Communicating with clients to resolve issues via the helpdesk, telephone and remote dial in
• Working as part of a busy helpdesk team to promote a first-time fix attitude
The Candidate needs to demonstrate expertise providing 2nd line support in a Windows environment, and ideally have experience of:
• Windows Server and Basic Networking (including DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, Hyper-V)
• Windows Terminal Server (RDS) to the level of setup and troubleshooting (including redirected Printing)
• MS Office & SQL back-end business applications
• Maintaining system documentation to a high standard
Hours of Work:
• Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm (after probation period, a shift pattern of earlies, lates and on-call will be required on a rota basis). An early shift is 6.30am – 3.30pm from the office and a late shift is 2.00pm – 11.00pm.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
• 22 days holiday plus an additional 2 days per year worked, to a maximum of 28
• Summer & Christmas Events.
• Working in modern offices on the outskirts of Exeter.
• Great team culture and environment
• Employee Assistance Programme
Quartz Recruitment is a specialist agency operating in the South West of England. We have 30 years of experience in placing professionals into vacancies at all levels. We treat our candidates with respect and we truly care about your career.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum Immigration Act 1996. Quartz Recruitment will only work with candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
In compliance with Data Protection regulations, Quartz Recruitment will only store your personal details for 12 months when we will contact you to see if you would like to remain on our database. You have the right to have your information deleted at any time, please contact us to do this.