2nd Line Support, IT Support Roles
Salary competitive and negotiable
Role: 2nd Line Support Engineer
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Quartz Recruitment is working with their client that has grown over the last 15 years to be one of the leading Hosting providers in the UK with a customer base of over 900 companies that use their Hosted Solutions.
They are currently looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their busy Helpdesk Team and to support their customer's applications and Virtual environments.
Key Responsibilities for 2nd Line Support Engineer
· Investigating, troubleshooting and logging technical Issues.
· Respond to IT issues when they arise and resolve them quickly.
· Involvement with Complex technical issues including the rebuilding of customers environments.
· Monitoring systems to ensure customers have the best experience.
· Taking escalated tickets from 1st Line Support
· Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system.
· Be able to know the new technologies and advise the customers on advanced features.
Key Qualifications for the 2nd Line Support Engineer
· Strong people skills and a knack for problem-solving.
· Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
· Success in team environments, demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability with other team members.
· Understanding the importance of IT security and adhering to policies and processes.
· Able to manage a project if required to solve complex IT Issues
· At least 3 years IT Support experience
Key Technical requirements for the 2nd Line Support Engineer
You will need the following:
· Windows Server including Active Directory
· Microsoft Office Applications including Outlook
· Antivirus Experience or troubleshooting
· Basic Networking including DNS, WINS and VPN's
· Desktop Support with Printers
· SQL - Basic understanding Backups / restores
· SaaS environments
· Office365 Admin (including SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
· Virtual environments like Hyper-V
Bonus Experience for 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
· Proxy technologies
· ITIL processes for Incident, Change and Event Management
· MCP/COMPTIA or equivalents
· VOIP Systems
· PowerShell / Scripting
The role is very varied with a lot of, on the job training.
This is a fast-paced environment with always new things to learn.
Location: The role is based just on the outskirts of Exeter.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holidays: 22 days per year plus Banks, plus additional 2 days per year, max 28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Quartz Recruitment is a specialist agency operating in the South West of England. We have 31 years of experience placing professionals into vacancies at all levels. We treat our candidates with respect and we truly care about your career.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum Immigration Act 1996. Quartz Recruitment will only work with candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high levels of applicants that we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications meet our criteria for the position. If you have not heard back from us within 14 days, then you may presume your application has been unsuccessful.
In compliance with Data Protection regulations, Quartz Recruitment will only store your personal details if you have given us your permission. You have the right to have your information deleted at any time, please contact us to do this.