IT Support Roles, Migrations
Role: Migrations Support Engineer
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Quartz Recruitment is working with a company that has grown over the last 15 years to be one of the leading Hosting providers in the UK with a customer base of over 900 companies that use their Hosted Solutions.
They are currently looking for a Migrations Support Engineer to join their busy Migrations Team and to onboard the customer's applications and infrastructure to Virtual environments.
Key Responsibilities for the Migrations Support Engineer
· Remotely audit and document Customers current Infrastructure
· Migration of Data and Applications to the new platform
· Migration of On-Premises Exchange to Office365
· Proactivity to introduce new technologies to customers to improve their way of working.
Key Qualifications for the Migrations Support Engineer
· Strong people skills and a knack for problem-solving.
· Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
· Success in team environments, demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability with other team members.
· Understanding the importance of IT security and adhering to policies and processes.
· Able to manage a project within the time constraints
· At least 3 years IT Support / Project experience
Key Technical requirements for the Migrations Support Engineer
You will need the following:
· Windows Server including Active Directory
· Microsoft Office Applications including Outlook
· Basic Networking including DNS, WINS and VPN's
· Desktop Support with Printers
· SQL - Basic understanding Backups/restores
· SaaS environments
· Office365 Admin (including SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
· Virtual environments like Hyper-V
Bonus Experience for the Migrations Support Engineer
· ITIL processes for Incident, Change and Event Management
· MCP/COMPTIA or equivalents
· VOIP Systems
· Project Management
The role is very varied with a lot of on the job training.
This is a fast-paced environment and there are always new things to learn. Some out of hours may be required to fulfil this role.
Location: The role is based just on the outskirts of Exeter.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holidays: 22 days per year plus Banks, plus additional 2 days per year, max 28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Quartz Recruitment is a specialist agency operating in the South West of England. We have 31 years of experience placing professionals into vacancies at all levels. We treat our candidates with respect and we truly care about your career.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum Immigration Act 1996. Quartz Recruitment will only work with candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high levels of applicants that we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications meet our criteria for the position. If you have not heard back from us within 14 days, then you may presume your application has been unsuccessful.
In compliance with Data Protection regulations, Quartz Recruitment will only store your personal details if you have given us your permission. You have the right to have your information deleted at any time, please contact us to do this.